How Does a Housecall for Pets Work?
House Calls for Pets are a New Experience for Most People, Here are Some Tru Tips
How do I Book My House Call?
Call 877-DR TRULI or email DrTruli@VetVMD.com to book a house call. You and Dr. Truli decide on a time. Dr. Truli will hear your concerns and start planning your visit based on your needs.
Assistance Holding Your Pet is Available
Most people either hold their pet themselves (Dr. Truli is a good teacher!), or they have a neighbor or friend come to the house to help. Assistance holding is available by special arrangement.
How Long is a House Call?
Initial holistic house calls take 60-90 minutes.
Follow-up visits are usually 45-60 minutes.
How Much Does the House Call Cost?
The cost is comparable to a hospital visit, however, with a house call, you get more attention for your pet and more consultation time with the doctor. On average, a house call costs $150-300. With diagnostic tests, treatment, and products such as herbal medications, some pets require a budget of $600 or more to diagnose and fully treat their needs. Each situation is unique. After consultation with Dr. Truli, your pet may need extensive services. Dr. Truli is prepared to provide these services and will discuss costs with you before embarking on the diagnostics and treatments.
One wonderful fact about a house call is we are not pressured for time by another pet in a waiting room. Therefore, if your pet has multiple, complex issues that have been addressed in a surface manner, or in a repeated introductory manner with $300-$600 hospital visits, Dr. Truli will look at your pet holistically and move your understanding and ability to help your pet forward on the path to health.
What Can You Really Do In a House Call?
All Outpatient Services
Your house call can take care of blood testing, blood pressure measurements, laboratory testing like fecal analysis, skin exams and skin tests and biopsies on peaceful pets, eye and ear exams, orthopedic exams and much more!
Dr. Truli can help you go through your supplements and pet supplies and use ones that you already have that will work for your pet. The peace of mind alone is worth the visit!
Personalized Flea Advice
If you are having trouble with fleas, Dr. Truli can see your environment and figure out how to target your problem and fix it.
Cat Social Drama
If your cats are not happy, but you cannot explain or diagram why, Dr. Truli can just see the layout of the house and the litter boxes, food and water bowls, resources like windows and scratching posts. Sometimes the answer is right in front of you, but it takes an experienced doctor to see it.
Rundown of the Anatomy of a House Call
- We start with some routine paperwork. Most of it you can download and fill out ahead of time. Dr Truli saves some to complete in person (for example: assignment of pet responsibility in emergencies, ICE.) Your pet can investigate and check out the doctor while you talk.
- We discuss the problems and goals and hopes for the visit.
- Full physical exam.
- Discuss how much needed tests and treatments cost. We have the time to address everything in a single house call so your pet can get a paw on the road to health quickly.
- Draw blood, take samples needed for testing. Give treatments like acupuncture, injections, tui na massage, physical therapy, etc. Dr. Truli can teach you how to do some of the therapies at home.
- Pay with cash, check, Mastercard, Visa, Discover, or Amex right there in your home.
- We book the recheck right then and there.
How Do I Get Ready for a House Call?
Dr. Truli brings everything you need for the house call, but there are some specific ways you can help.
- Keep your phone available in case Dr. Truli needs directions.
- Have your pet available. No kidding. Cat extraction procedures and dog catching cost extra! (Kidding, they just stress your pet and make the visit less effective.)
- Have a well-lit table or clear area on the floor for big dogs. A sunny room during the day has nice natural light for the physical exam.
- A nearby electrical plug is helpful. Dr. Truli brings extra lighting, but may need to plug it in (it has battery back up, but as a back up for the back up it plugs in.) Some pets need to be shaved or need other work done that requires electrical instruments
- Make sure any hyper or nosy disruptive pets are kept away from the exam area.
- Pay special attention to your environment as scented products can interfere with the physical exam.
Certain infections, especially in the ears can be identified by scent.
What Happens After the House Call?
If your pet was treated with acupuncture s/he may be tired for a day, and then start feeling better than before the visit. This is a normal energy adjustment response to acupuncture.
You will receive your text or email receipt. Your copy of the physical exam notes and plan will come via email.
Pet Concierge Service
If you sign up for Truli Holistic’s secure 24/7 communication application, you will receive your login information and your exam notes will be there, along with any information sheets, diet plans, or other resources discussed in the consult.
VetVMD.vetsfirstchoice.com Competitive Online Pharmacy
You will be invited to Dr. Truli’s online pharmacy with email or texted login information (your choice).
Results from tests may take several days to even several weeks (certain skin and allergy tests and biopsies). You can schedule a recheck and consult, or for simple results like a heart worm test result, Dr. Truli will call you.
If you still have questions or concerns, or wish to book an appointment, please call now to get started.
Dr. Sandra Truli Springer, VMD, CVA, CVFT
Truli Holistic Veterinary Services | House Calls for Your Pets
Serving the Greater Tampa Bay area
Call toll-free 1 (877) DR TRULI | (877) 378-7854
or email DrTruli@VetVMD.com